Jacob Emerick

Jacob Emerick
Jacob in Temecula

Monday, April 13, 2015

Almost fluent in 8 weeks.






April 13,2015

Hola Familia!

So this week was yet another great week here in California! 
I would totally live here when I get back, 
if it wasn't for the raging Liberalism and outrageous taxes! 
Haha Well this week was really good for my Spanish. Si ya saben yo estoy aprendiendo 
espanol todo via, pero progressando mucho no sabia!
( If you already know everything I'm learning Spanish via , but did not know much progressando !) 
{Google Translate Translation}
 I went on exchanges in Murrieta for a day with Elder Schow. He's been out for about 9 months now, but he still has problems speaking it well. He understands everything, but speaking is still a challenge for him. Anyways we went out and as we were talking to one of the members (No one knows me in Murrieta) she said 'How long have you been out Elder a YEAR?' My mouth dropped. You could probably imagine the response I got when I told them only 8 weeks. "SI?! Solomente 8 semanas?! Pues ya sabe como hablar espanol! Como es eso possible?!!?!" "(YES ?! solomente 8 weeks ?! Well, you know how to speak Spanish ! How is this possible? !! ?) Haha something like that, so they were really surprised and shocked about how much I already know. Even my trainer is saying that my Spanish is really good. Entonces esta semana fue muy bien por mi self- esteem (So this week was good for my self- esteem) haha. Really everyone recently has been telling me how good I can speak already in the mission field. Le solomente necesita hablar! Y puede aprender! I'm starting to surprise myself too, I've been dreaming in Spanish for quite a while, not totally, but I've been having dreams where I'm talking to members or people and it's pretty crazy. This past week we started visiting the Sanie family and they have a young boy they want to share the gospel with. (They are both really inactive but still have testimonies and everything. They asked us for Priesthood blessings before we left last Monday so that was a good sign. Tonight we are going to watch,  Finding faith in Christ with them, let's hope it sparks more of that testimony and they start coming back to church! Also we visited another less active family and she has a son who thinks he's possessed or at least being haunted by demons. Well so we talked a bit about Priesthood authority and the Holy Ghost with him. He's a YSA ( young single adult) so we are giving him to the Zones to bring back to church so he can go to the young single adult branch. But it was really cool he asked for a blessing of comfort and I gave him the blessing, it was really cool. A chapter in the Book of Mormon that we used in some of our lessons was Alma 24 it’s about the Anti- Nephi- Lehis and it’s a great story of faith. The work is same old same old. We run around tons trying to meet with people and progress them towards baptism. We had a great stake conference this week and it reminded me about the importance of the Temple. It would be great if you guys could make it to the temple at least 1 a month. People here in Temecula go like every week! Crazy! Well that's pretty much sums up this week, we're busy and my Spanish is improving haha. Keep working hard and have a great week everyone!

Elder Emerick

No comments:

Post a Comment