Jacob Emerick

Jacob Emerick
Jacob in Temecula

Monday, December 14, 2015

Vamos Fiestar

Hola Familia,

Well as far as anything exciting, it's been pretty normal here! Just been doing the same missionary stuff. Going by members, eating, preaching, sleep, repeat. We've been working with a few people and actually had an investigator come to church. We will be looking to meet with a Part Member family this week to see if we can teach anyone who's not a member in the family. We had our Ward Christmas Party this Saturday and it was a good turnout. We had lots of non-members show up and it was a great experience. I ate a ton of Tamales and we had lot's of great food; like always. It's been a little chilly the past couple of days and I had to buy gloves at Wal-Mart to keep my hands warm as we bike at night time. It gets really breezy later at night and the gloves have helped. I did want a Jacket, I guess I'll see what I got on Christmas! I also received the package yesterday. At first I was excited because I thought you sent me chips, and then when I saw that they weren't chips I was a little disappointed for a second. Then I saw all the cookies and stuff. Thank you! Some of stuff fell out of the container, but for the most part everything stayed pretty good. I shared with the other Elders. It looks as if I'll be calling either in the morning time, mid-day, or later in the afternoon. We still haven't made plans with anyone, but I'm sure we won't have problems getting to call. I guess you could say I've kept some stories about Escondido that I haven't shared yet, I'll probably tell you them when I call so I can see your reactions.We actually had a member come out with us on Tuesday and he invited all the people he knew to the Dinner on Sat. I don't know if anyone came but he was more than willing to help us. We get feed pretty well by the members here. All you have to do is ask. I feel that a lot of the members hate feeding Sister's though because of Past missionaries not eating what they give them, or saying they have alergies and can't eat what they give them or stuff like that. You can really offend an old Hispanic lady by not eating there food. jaja To be honest I don't know where I'll be. We might not be getting any new spanish missionaries for a while, so they'll have to close some areas and make larger areas with fewer missionaries in each Ward. Escondido already has been cut down to 3 companionships (Usually 5 cover it) We'll see what happens. I'd like to stay here for atleast a few more transfers but if I have to go somewhere else, I'd like to go to Vista. It's super hispanic there, almost the same as Escondido. Other than that though, not much to report on. Like I said I've been reading Jesus the Christ and it has a lot of information on the birth of the Savior and stuff like that. Super cool. We'll also have a Mission wide Christmas party/devotional on Christmas Eve. Should be fun! I'll send some pictures now, Les quiero!

Elder Emerick
Someone from the Branch drew this




Our District with Santa at the Christmas Party


No comments:

Post a Comment