Jacob Emerick

Jacob Emerick
Jacob in Temecula

Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas in Carlsbad California

Hola Familia,

I hope you all enjoyed the time we had to Skype. It was fun to see you all and just talk and see how you all we doing. I'm glad you all enjoyed your Christmas and are continuing to do what you do. This week we had a huge Christmas party in Escondido with all the missionaries in the mission. It was good to see all our friends from other parts of the mission and have fun with them. Right now we don't have too much going on in our area. You could say this has been one of the toughest area's of my mission so far. As of right now we are just working with some Less active families that are part member families as well. So just working to find right now! We had a cool time at the party, there was a talent show, lunch, they handed out presents and other gifts from the mission and then we ended with a devotional. It all was super awesome



I don't have too many needs or wants on the mission. We live a simple life. haha Thank you to everyone who sent me gift cards, letters, money, and anything else. It was all greatly appreciated, thank you! Since we've been working with less actives recently I wanted to share what I sent to President in my recent e-mail to him. "As far as the work goes in our area, we are working to get some less active people back into church. They are both Part Member Families and have great potential. I asked the one member the question, "Even though it's been over 10 years since you've been to church, could you see yourself coming back?" She responded with a firm, 'absolutely.' I feel that when people go less active they feel that they are too far out of God's grace to return to him. This past week our Bishop gave a great lesson on overcoming the challenges of life. The natural man in all of us takes a life-time to overcome. The reason we come to church every week and serve the Lord is because every time we do that, we win one more battle against the natural man. Every week when we partake of the sacrament, we overcome another challenge. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to serve a mission. I'm thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Even though the work has been slower over the past couple months, I know that we can 'turn it around' any given day, and it can start today." I know that is true! We all feel like we reach a point that we can't come back, deep down, that's how all people feel. As missionaries and members, we need to help to make these people feel welcomed and loved. That's how we overcome the trials of life, through the gospel. I hope you all enjoy your New Year! 

Les Quiero muchisimo!

Elder Emerick

No comments:

Post a Comment