Jacob Emerick

Jacob Emerick
Jacob in Temecula

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Pictures good week and not so good.

Hola Familia,

This week was really good in some ways and not so good in others. First we set a baptismal date with one of our investigators named Victoria Ortega and she'll be baptized this Saturday! So that's really exciting. Also we had our Temple trip on Wednesday. But the weird thing is we couldn't find a ride to the temple from any of our members. So we had to ask one of the Hermanas in our District's Dad. It was pretty interesting having Hermana Adams Father take us to the temple. He lives in San Diego and works in the temple full time as management for facilities and other stuff. He also works their as a regular worker. Hermana Adams actually saw him on the temple grounds as well as when he took us to lunch afterwards! They didn't sit by eachother or even really acknowledge that the other was there. Needless to say it was an interesting day. Also one of the families we were teaching won't be able to meet with us anymore because they are going to be going through a divorce. We were all super depressed by the news and hope that everything will get better soon. But for the time being, we're not teaching them anymore. As I told President in my e-mail to him it really puts things in perspective. The people we teach go through a lot to be able to accept or find the restored gospel. The adversary works relentlessly to get these people off of the path and make them let go of the Iron rod. It's really sad but for this reason we need to always be faithful and cling to the gospel. I love sharing Lehi's vision of the Tree of Life to teach about the gospel or Plan of Salvation or whatever. It's one of my favorite stories in the Book of Mormon that I've grown to love on my mission. As far as weather and such we just had a huge storm blow through here this morning but other than that it's been pretty temperate. There has been some kind of bug going around here and I've been feeling a little sick and haven't had much of an appetite to eat or anything for the past couple of days. The Spanish is going great, in fact while I've been writing this I've been thinking to put in words in spanish and having difficulty changing it into English. I love Espanol, it's such an amazing language and so different. I may enjoy it more than English. To answer some of your questions yes I do enjoy your letters. Every one I get, and I haven't been getting many recently? Anyways that's what's been going on here! Hope you all have a great week! Les quiero!

Elder Emerick
Our district at the San Diego Temple

My district

Fried Tilapia

Dead trash panda












Squirrels???

No comments:

Post a Comment