Jacob Emerick

Jacob Emerick
Jacob in Temecula

Monday, June 13, 2016

another week ja ja ja ja

Hola Famila,

This week we didn't do too many things that were interesting. We had dinner, tried to stop by people, repeat. The only things that were different was that we had agua de SANDILLA this week TWICE!! It had been a really long time since I had had it. Also THE PENGUINS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Now John and James have to go and miss the Steelers win the Super Bowl. A member may or may not have known that I like the Penguins and told me when they won. He might have but I forgot. So I'm sorry I sent that picture of us eating eggs and a hot dog. My intention wasn't to scare you, or make you feel like I was suffering in anyway. We do get fed here very well. It's just sometimes we don't have dinners on Mondays because we need to get things done and we only have a certain amount of time. We actually had two VERY good dinners this week. One Hermana actually made us pupusas! It's a Salvadorian dish, it's very good. Also we had tostadas, a pollo y jamon meal, and lots of other things. PLEASE DON'T CALL THE BISHOP. JAJA WE'RE FINE!!! Also this member that may or may not have told me about the Penguins gave me a Captain America Civil War shirt. He's just the coolest. Also I had to 'cast out another demon'. This is the 3rd time on my mission. jaja So we pretty much got a call from a member that said she wanted us to come a give her place a blessing so that evil spirits would go away. I'm always super sceptical about stuff like that but we went over and I gave a prayer that the Spirit would be able to dwell in their place. As I finished the Spirit was apparent there and she felt better. Elder Wockenfuss then gave her a blessing of comfort. Hispanics are very superstitious. Also Elder Banana made us a Filipino chicken he called Chicken Adobo. It's super good and it happened like 6 months ago but I forgot to tell you. It has brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and black pepper. So you should try that. It's good. So John and James are getting their wisdom teeth pulled? When did that come up? They shouldn't worry too bad. Just tell them what I told you right after I got them out. I wu f-u-n yeah. Anyways usually I try not to spend more than $25 per week for all food. That's including groceries and eating out. Which I think is a pretty good budget but obviously sometimes I spend more than that. It's alright you learn these valuable things on a mission. And Elder Wockenfuss's Mom is sending him 3 giant boxes of food so that he won't go hungry for the rest of his mission no matter how much he spends. Well I hope you all have a great week! 

Elder Emerick     

No comments:

Post a Comment