Jacob Emerick

Jacob Emerick
Jacob in Temecula

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

family letter follow if you can.

Gloria and Radolfo Neitos

 Elder Schoof, Elder Banana, Elder Emerick and the Nietos
Que Tal Familia,

So the title says Jesus said, Simon Peter. It´s a joke because in Chilango (Mexico City slang) Simón means `yes´. I´ll explain it to you when I get back. So to start off by answering your questions, I sent a picture of the dog because it was a dog that the Yellow Deli people had, My favorite conference talk was probably Deiter F. Ucthdorf´s talk from Priesthood session, he was really straight forward and was very powerful on why we have to walk by faith in this life. I still have my bike, but we haven used it much this past transfer, because we cover 2 areas the AP's gave us more miles and full time car to use. So we use the car more often, park somewhere and walk. I'll get you more pictures of us. Kaitlynn te extraño mucho, when we have money we go out to eat, usually during the beginning of the month because that's when we get payed, but usually it depends on the companion on how much you eat out, there's a lot of Panda Expresses here I wouldn't mind having a gift card for there or Chik-fil-a, I've been driving since I've been with Elder Ellsworth, I know my drivers license expires next year, how are we going to renew it? Yep we excercise cada dia, Yeah I've been having ton's of experiences when I say something in English that you normally wouldn't say but say in Spanish, for example you say '¿se van a cellar?' that means 'are they going to ceal  themselves' (Temple), but usually you'd say "are they going to get cealed together?" Anyways I've had tons of experiences where I say stuff that you say in Spanish but not English, that needless to say has been freaking awesome. I know the language pretty well, I'm still making some mistakes but I know when I've made them which is good. Yeah we all know that the Hermanas have the worst spanish in the Ward, I've gotten a few compliments from other Older Missionaries on my language, but I'm not getting a big head about it. ;) Yes I still love tamales, Carne Asada is still my favorite though, when I come home I'll show you how to do tortillas and stuff like that. Nope I didn't know that you have a Dairy Queen/Grill. Sure I miss eating dinner with my cousins but eating with Spanish people is way cooler. No ones rich in Escondido, at least none of the hispanics. Ask him if he's heard of Hungry Bear, the Yellow Deli, Aztec Tacos, Pan Asia, just some of the best places to eat. Transfer calls are this Sat but I'm about 99% sure I won't leave the area. But I hope to be transferred to Oceanside next. Yep every day my testimony grows. In the Carlsbad mission we're more than Exactly Obedient, we're Consecrated missionaries. jaja But yes I am. And for that last question I'll tell you in Spanish. Ok, ustedes tenian razón por algunas cositas, y estoy agradecido por todo que me han ensenado. Alright so, this week we found a new investigator, she's the wife of a less active member. She we started teaching her and last night we had our second lesson. It was on the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and towards the end of the lesson we invited to baptism in 2 weeks. We felt that it might have been a little early but still we invited her. Within the first 2 seconds of inviting her she accepted to be baptized on the 24th of Oct. We were all kind of speechless. Her husband couldn't even believe it, he's just starting to get re-activated and now his wife want's to be baptized! She for the next week we'll be focusing on Lucy! Her date is for the first Sat of the next transfer but I'm pretty sure I'll stay here. We'll be meeting with the Nietos again next Thursday because they're on vacation in Mexico City, but we're pretty sure that they'll be baptized next transfer as well! So our work is starting to pick up again which is great. I'm so thankful to be serving a mission, it's helped me so much and I've learned a ton. I hope that everyone has that desire to share the gospel. Well, that's about all for this week! I'll tell you more about transfers and what not next week! Les quiero mucho!

Elder Emerick   

No comments:

Post a Comment