Jacob Emerick

Jacob Emerick
Jacob in Temecula

Monday, October 26, 2015

Ocean Side

Hola Familia,

So, I got transferred to Oceanside. It was a big suprise for me to get moved out of Escondido so soon. The transfer meeting was good and I'm in Oceanside with Elder Rodriguez.  I live off of Mission and Old Grove. The area we work in is pretty mixed. Not only hispanics like in Esco but there is still some which is good. I sure hope I wouldn't be transferred into an English area!!!! Remember I told you about OUTER DARKNESS!!! There is a chance/possibility I could return to Escondido. Everyone returns during the latter parts of their mission, especially if you haven't spent too much time there to begin with. But I'm almost possitive that I'll never be put into English work. But to be honest it won't happen. It was pretty tough eating wise. We only had a couple of dinner appointments. I know the YSA Elders that go to the Ward where Elder Ramos' brother is the the Ward Mission Leader. Our Bishop is a cool guy, he's white and super rich. (Lives right by the ocean in Carlsbad) The ward is pretty awesome we had an outstanding sacrament meeting with awesome talks. One of our investigators was there too so hopefully he felt the spirit. E. Rodriguez is from Mexico, but he's lived his whole life in Utah. I think I might speak better Spanish than him. He's pretty cool though. The weather here is nicer than anywhere I've served on my mission. Almost always in the 70's. The only thing that could make it better was if we switched areas with the Hermanas, they have the super sketchy hispanic part of Oceanside that has all the gangs and stuff. I want to go see how it is sometime. We hit 32.4 MPH going down a huge hill by our appartment. It was crazy. ALSO Lucy got baptized! I got invited back to Esco just for the baptism and it was great. Elder Banana performed the ordinance. It was crazy to see someone get baptized in such little time! It was like 2 1/2 weeks after we met her that she was baptized. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be a missionary. Don't have much more time so I'll just start sending pictures. Les quiero!!

Elder Emerick
P.S. Temple trip tomorrow!!!!


Lucy's baptism


Jacob looking impressed by Bishop's house

No comments:

Post a Comment