Jacob Emerick

Jacob Emerick
Jacob in Temecula

Monday, November 2, 2015

The land of Milk and Honey

Hola Familia,

The land of milk and honey? Perhaps. That's the title. So, we went to the temple. That was awesome. So great to serve in the Temple and feel the spirit so strong. There I met Elder Ramos' brother. He's the Ward Mission Leader in the YSA ward. He said it was so weird talking to me because over the past couple of weeks he's heard about Dad and our family. He's says that Elder Ramos loves you guys and the branch. That was good to hear about considering the branch is historically a tough place for missionary work. But that's good to hear that you guys are being the missionaries' best friends. That's great. Also the weather here is crazy temperate. It's always in the 70's and the only time it gets hot is when the Sun gets strong. Other than that there's always a breeze and its super fresh. I finally feel like I'm in Southern California. So this week we have Spanish Conference, I'm so excited. It's when all the Spanish missionaries in the mission get together and talk about Spanish stuff. It's going to be great. Also we are going to have a Zone Conference with half the whole mission with a general authority. It'll be cool as well to see other missionaries and talk to a seventy. Dang hopefully Kaitlynn gets better. We picked up an awesome new investigator this week! Her name is Sonya and she has had a pretty tough past. Needless to say she needs the gospel in her life right now. She couldn't make it to church this past week but we'll meet again with her this Saturday. Also we went on Exchanges with the traveling AP Elder Smith. He was my Zone leader when I was back in Temecula and we were in Spanish Zones. He's a great teacher and spanish speaker. I can't even explain how much I learned from him in a short 24 hours that he came with Elder Rodriguez and me. Well I better get going hope you all have a great week!

Elder Emerick

No comments:

Post a Comment