Jacob Emerick

Jacob Emerick
Jacob in Temecula

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Transfers



March 23,2015

Hola Famila!

This week was pretty good! The big news is that the sisters are leaving the area this transfer so that means that my companion and I are the only Spanish missionaries in the stake, so our area of work just doubled! We are going to have to work extra hard this transfer, but the good thing is that there will be more opportunities to teach! Well this past Monday we went to a lesson with Wenseslado and he said that he was going off/ roading in his Suburban. My comp said is it alright if we go with you and share a lesson at the top of the hill? I thought he was nuts but Wenses said Heck ya Man! Anyways we went with him and he went up these steep inclines but other than that it wasn't too bad. At the top we taught him about the restauracion (restoration)   he had a bunch of good questions and we're going to meet up with him again! We found a miracle this week. This guy named Miguel Enciso wants to get baptized and we've been helping him progress, he's really excited which is weird but awesome! He's had lessons with sisters in Murrieta before so he already knows some stuff but he still has a ways to go. But we think he'll be baptized this transfer! Also I went on my first lesson without my trainer this week. I went with this RC (recent convert) who's awesome, named Tomas Villalobos. We taught Erik Zapot, the kid who just turned 8, about Joseph Smith and the Libro de Mormon (Book of Mormon). It was a little difficult because I'm not fluent yet but, they said that they understood me fine and that I did a good job! As goes the rest of the language, estoy progressando poco a poco! (Progressing little by little). We helped people move in to their homes and they were so grateful that we could help them. We helped the Zapot family put together a bed, their kids run them wild so they really don't have a whole lot of time for stuff so we helped them out. So all things considered it was a good week and good transfer but this next transfer will be even better! I hope you all are doing great, tenga una buena semana!

Elder Emerick



No comments:

Post a Comment